Southern Listeners

Loading
Thanks to Greenlava for this cool gadget. Get yours here

Monday, October 14, 2013

Say Hello to Google+ Comments - NOT!

After careful considerations and long fruitful chats with fellow TCs, I have decided that it is finally time to give G+ comments a try. This is in accordance with Google's effort to keep all their products somewhat unified and tied in a way. Seeing how important Google sees the G+ community, I think it is only fair to give this a shot. It does come with a downside though - You have to have Google Plus account to leave a comment. That, and the lack of a feature to moderate comments under a single tab is kinda off-putting. But I'll give it a whirl anyway and see how it goes. Hello Google+ Comments!

Update: Notification is not working - I'm reverting to Blogger's commenting again. I've been busy with work, and it took me several days to realise I have not been getting any notifications for the comments left in this blog. This is disastrous as it isn't practical for me to view 200+ posts one by one to look for new comments. I've decided to take a U-turn. My faith in G+ comments is seriously dented now, and it's gonna take some serious convincing if I were to switch back to G+ comments again. To those of you who have left G+ comment questions here, I'm afraid I won't be able to see your messages (please repost them once I reactivate Blogger's comment system).

10 comments:

  1. Lol. Now it's a "NOT!". Hello Yoboy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went with Google plus comments about 4 months ago and now nobody comments on anything i post! They need to incorporate the option of using google plus or without signing in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave it a try but gave up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder why I even bothered turning them on in the first place. I stopped getting notifications too and have made a U turn. But do you know if we can have both the blogger comments and G+ comments. I had seen some have both the option in wordpress blogs. Is there a hack for blogger platform?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might find the following post interesting. Give it a try:

      http://www.blogxpertise.com/2013/04/bringing-g-comments-to-your-blogger.html

      Delete
  5. HOw to reverse old comments widget?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to Dashboard - Google+ - Uncheck 'Use Google+ Comments on this blog'.

      Delete
  6. Not only that, Google Plus comments sometimes were not even appearing on some of my pages. It appears, the thing is yet to stabilise. In any case, I did not see any benefit other than getting rid of link spam. Finally, I have removed Google Plus comments after using them for 3 months.

    ReplyDelete

Please use the 'Ask a Question' page to shoot questions that are not related to the tutorial in the post above.