Southern Listeners

Loading
Thanks to Greenlava for this cool gadget. Get yours here

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Remove Pages Gadget Background

The correct term should be "crosscol background" instead of Pages Gadget background. In any case, I don't know why you wanna entirely remove your background, but in this post I'm gonna show you how can do it. This tutorial teaches you on how you can completely remove your crosscol background. Emphasize on 'completely'. If you want to remove only the stretching part of your crosscol section, check this tutorial instead.





If you're using the old Blogger interface: Go to Dashboard - Design - Template Designer - Advanced - Add CSS - paste the following code - Press enter after the last character of the last line } - Apply to Blog.

If you're using the new Blogger interface: Go to Dashboard ('House' symbol) - Template - Customize - Advanced - Add CSS - paste the following code - Press enter after the last character of the last line } - Apply to Blog. 
.tabs-outer {
  background: none !important;
}
.tabs-cap-top, .tabs-cap-bottom {
  border-top: none;
}
That will be all folks. Again, if this is NOT what you're looking for, you probably want to take a look at this.

Cheers.

8 comments:

  1. Hi YoboY,
    This is a very good tips. If you could please help me negate errors on my blog. When I minimize the browser window, the horizontal menu bar or crosscol) on myblog is indented.
    Look forward to you. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @drixin: I've taken a look, and I've come up with a fix that will work. Go to Dashboard - Design - Template Designer - Advanced - Add CSS - paste the following code - Press enter after the last character of the last line } - Apply to Blog:

    .region-inner.tabs-inner{
    width: 978px !important;
    padding: 0px !important;
    }
    #crosscol, #HTML3 {
    padding: 0px !important;
    }

    By the way, use this link if you want to post question that is not related to the post.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm looking for something similiar to this. I want the excess space around my page tabs to disappear. I only want the tabs to be visible. There is a tab that says Free Books for Kindle, yet there is nothing on either side but empty space. How do I get rid of it? THanks. I tried applying the code you have above, but it didn't work. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lena Sledge: Please get in touch with me via email. I'll be able to assist you better there. You can get to me by filling this form. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. is it possible to remove the border lines around the tabs in the sidebar view? i have made the background colors all the same. but those tab border lines in sidebar view (the only view i have set for my blog) are really annoying. i would love it if they were white or invisible so you just saw the list on the left sans border lines. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi montronix,

      Sounds do-able.. But let me have a look at your blog first before I come up with a shot in the dark. What's your blog's address?

      Delete
  6. Your tutorials are a life save! I'm having trouble get rid of the background for my tabs. Can you take a look at me test blog?

    http://boxedandpatterned.blogspot.com/

    Thanks,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan,

      Sorry for the late reply. Looks like you've gotten rid of your tabs. Let me know if you still need help with it.

      Cheers!

      Delete

Please use the 'Ask a Question' page to shoot questions that are not related to the tutorial in the post above.